These Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes will take your taco night to a new and healthy level! Nutritious sweet potatoes are filled with your favorite taco toppings and ready in under 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4 Calories: 493 calories
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, about 12-14 ounces each
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- diced tomato
- diced avocado or guacamole
- sour cream
- Brown ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease and add the taco seasoning and salsa.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 5 more minutes until the mixture has thickened and is heated through. Add up to 1/2 cup of water to achieve desired consistency.
- While the meat is cooking, poke holes all over the sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes on high, turning the sweet potatoes over once halfway through. If potatoes aren't soft enough, continue cooking 1-3 minutes more. I usually cook two potatoes at one time, but if your microwave allows, you could cook all four at once. Allow sweet potatoes to cool slightly, then slice them lengthwise and fluff the insides with a fork.
- Spoon the cooked taco meat over the sweet potatoes and add desired toppings such as shredded cheese, diced tomato, avocado, guacamole, or sour cream
calories: 493kcal | carbohydrates: 80g | protein: 31g | fat: 6g | saturated fat: 3g |cholesterol: 70mg | sodium: 1294mg potassium: 1764mg | fiber: 13g | sugar: 19g Vitamin A: 49240iu |Vitamin C: 15.1mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 5.6mg